top of page



A bit of history.....

I-502 "MARIJUANA REFORM" was an initiative to the Washington State Legislature, which appeared on the November 2012 general ballot, passing by a margin of approximately 56% to 44%. Voters in Washington State made history by passing I-502, which legalizes, taxes, and regulates marijuana for adults age 21 and over. According to the Secretary of State's office, the measure shall "license and regulate marijuana production, distribution, and possession for persons over twenty-one; remove state-law criminal and civil penalties for activities that it authorizes; tax marijuana sales; and earmark marijuana-related revenues."



Q: Where can I buy marijuana in Washington State?

A: At our store, THE GREEN DOOR located in Buckley, WA!! The Green Door is a recreational marijuana retail store licensed in accordance with the Washington State Liquor Control Board. Our store is devoted only to the sale of marijuana and marijuana products to those of you who are 21 years old and over. We'd like to add that the law states marijuana consumption of any kind is strictly prohibited on the premises.


Q: Where can I smoke marijuana in Washington State?

A: On private property and outside the view of the general public. Initiative 502 states that it is unlawful to open/consume a package of marijuana or marijuana infused product in view of the general public.


Q: What is the Washington State marijuana law?

A: If you are 21 years of age or older in Washington State, you will not be prosecuted under state law for the possession or use of:

-One ounce of useable marijuana

-Marijuana-related paraphernalia

-16 ounces of solid marijuana-infused product

-72 ounces of liquid marijuana-infused product ​


Q: What is "useable marijuana"?

A: According to I-502, "usable marijuana" refers to the dried marijuana flowers. ​


Q: What is a "marijuana-infused product"?

A: According to I-502, these are "products that contain marijuana or marijuana extracts and are intended for human use". This could include things that you consume like baked goods, candy, or drinks. Vaporizers, also referred to as vape pens or vapor inhalers, have become the popular "smokeless" ways to consume marijuana.  They use marijuana oil which still falls under the "useable marijuana" catagory.


Q: What products will your retail store have for sale?

A:The law states that retail outlets are only allowed to sell marijuana concentrates, useable marijuana, marijuana-infused products, or paraphernalia intended for the storage or use of marijuana concentrates, useable marijuana, or marijuana-infused products.  Here at The Green Door we have a great selection of all products that are allowed.


Q: What remains illegal in Washington State, both now and in the future?

A: Even after I-502 is fully implemented, the following will continue to be illegal under the Washington State recreational marijuana law:

-Possession of amounts above the defined limit

-Possession by a person under the age of 21 years

-Use in view of the general public, including the opening and/or consumption of a marijuana infused product

-Transportation of marijuana products to another state

-Driving under the influence of marijuana

-Production or sale without a state license


Important Notice:

Washington's I-502 does not preempt federal law. The production, distribution, sale, possession, and use of marijuana is still against and may be prosecuted under US federal law. Washington State visitors should be aware that pot use and possession remains a criminal act on federal lands, which includes the national parks and national forests. Tribal lands will also enforce their own policies regarding marijuana use and possession. The above information has been provided as a general guide. It is your responsibility as a consumer to understand your rights, and obey the law.


Here are a few links to help you better understand WA law as it pertains to recreational marijuana use:

bottom of page